The Fried Fish recipe is fairly similar to my fried chicken recipe, but with a few tweaks.
1 pound cold water, wild caught fish (In this instance, I used Flounder)
1.5 cups of Blanched Almond Flour
2 tbsp Ground Lemon Pepper
2 tsp Paprika
2 tsp Parsley Flakes
1 tsp Garlic Powder
1 tsp Cayenne Pepper
1 tsp Iodized Sea Salt
Coconut Oil for frying
- Mix the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Whisk the egg in a separate bowl.
- Melt coconut oil in a large frying pan over medium high heat (just enough to coat the bottom of the pan).
- Dip the fish fillet in the egg, coating the fish.
- Lay the fish in the dry ingredients and toss to coat, flipping to ensure both sides are coated.
- Place the fish in the frying pan. Cook on each side about 4 minutes until brown and the fish is cooked through.
- Remove from the pan and serve hot!
4 Sweet Potatoes, sliced in 1/4 inch thick strips
Pork Fat for coating
2 tbsp Cinnamon
4 tsp Cayenne Pepper
4 tsp Ground Pepper
2 tsp Iodized Sea Salt
- Toss potato strips in melted pork fat, just enough to coat.
- Sprinkle spices on potatoes and continue to toss to coat.
- Use pork fat to grease foil on a baking sheet.
- Spread the potatoes evenly on the baking sheet.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes at 425 degrees, keeping an eye on them to retrieve them at the desired crispiness.