Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Curried Scallop Kebabs

Oh the deliciousness!

I have an obsession with scallops. They're kind of my go-to seafood. They're super simple to cook, and quick too. You really cannot go wrong ordering them at a seafood restaurant because, really, how can you mess them up?! (Provided they're wild caught, of course)

I don't have a picture of this recipe because it was way too delicious to let stand on the plate for a photo, but I guarantee you they look as delicious as they taste.

Curried Scallop Kebabs
2 lbs Sea Scallops (Wild Caught)
1 Zucchini (sliced in 1/4-1/2 inch thick rounds)
1 Yellow Squash (sliced in 1/4-1/2 inch thick rounds)
Dozen Grape Tomatoes (or more)
2 tsp Curry Powder
1/2 tsp Ground Ginger
1/2 tsp Ground Cumin
2 tbsp Olive Oil

  1. Skewer all the ingredients and brush with olive oil.
  2. Mix all the spices in a small bowl and sprinkle over the skewers.
  3. Grill those beauties until cooked (about 5 minutes per scallop side)!
I let my scallops char up a little bit for some extra flavor. To tell the truth, I have a rogue flame in my grill that decides what to char, regardless of my preference. (I could use a grill for Christmas. Hint, hint, Mom!)

No comments:

Post a Comment