I have not missed a beat with training. I am proud to report that I continue to increase my mileage and my pace on the treadmill. I completed a four mile run this weekend, which has been my longest treadmill run to date. It was a constant mental battle, but I finished, and the three miles I ran today were a breeze because of it.
Now, my diet...
4 oz unsweetened baking chocolate
1 cup unsalted butter
4 large eggs
2 cups granulated sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup flour
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
2 cups sifted confectioners' sugar
4 tbsp green creme de menthe
6 oz semi-sweet chocolate morsels
6 tbsp unsalted butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare 9x13 baking pan with cooking spray.
- Prepare brownies: Melt baking chocolate (at a low heat, stirring often to avoid burning) and 1 cup butter; cool slightly.
- In medium mixing bowl, beat eggs with 2 cups granulated sugar. Continue whisking until mixture is light and fluffy.
- Add cooled chocolate mixture, salt, vanilla and flour.
- Whisk until thoroughly blended.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and refrigerate until cool.
- Prepare the mint filling: Using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat the 1/2 cup softened butter and confectioners' sugar together until well blended.
- Stir in the creme de menthe and blend well.
- Spread over cooled brownies and return the pan to the refrigerator until filling is firm.
- Prepare chocolate icing: Melt the chocolate chips and 6 T butter over low heat, stirring often to avoid burning.
- Pour the warm chocolate icing over the filling and tilt pan to distribute the icing evenly.
- Refrigerate until chocolate hardens.
- To cut, allow brownies to warm to room temperature in the pan so chocolate doesn't crack.