So, today I am thankful for:
- My husband, whose love and support has carried me for six years to achieve the things I did not think I was capable of and to become the person I am today. May we have many more years together to continue to grow and love.
- My family, which just got larger in the last month. I am so blessed to be joining Hub's family, who I have thought of as an extended family since day one. My own family who loves and supports me through my endeavors. Let's not leave out our furbaby either. He has been an incredible blessing in our home.
- My beautiful home, which becomes warmer every day we spend in it. With myself, Hubby and God in this house, no one can stand against us. It is my sanctuary.
- My treadmill. I try to leave out the material possessions when I list what I am grateful for, but I am really freaking excited about this new blessing that will allow me to continue my pursuit of my fitness goals.
- My job. Although it causes me the most stress in my life (the commute, the politics,
the gossip), it pays the bills and allows Hubster and I to afford the lifestyle we are comfortable in. I am still paying off student loans and my car, and we are working to improve our home. Until we are comfortable enough to pursue dreams, I will stick it out. Rome was not built in a day and we must all put in our time and pay our dues.
- My ability to give. I am a firm believer in giving until it hurts. Giving myself, my time and my money. I am working on finding new ways to give myself to others and to make a positive difference in people's lives.
I am thankful that the number on the scale went down a half pound this week. With all the stress lately, I have been very concerned about my health. Not just my fitness, but my physical well being. Being able to handle the stress without turning to food for comfort, which used to be my crutch, is a huge blessing. It is a hurdle that was hard for me to overcome and I am glad to be on the other side of it.
What are you thankful for today?